A post I’ve written at the beginning of 2015. 2.5 years later, this still makes so much sense.
Gazing up at the sky, amazed with all the fireworks and stars colliding, and as the clock strikes midnight, signaling the start of a new year, I found myself mystified, anxious and excited just thinking about what 2015 has in store for me.
2014 hasn’t been a good year for me but I made it through, and this year will be one of toughest but most rewarding yet as I am determined to make things happen and take that leap of faith. It won’t be easy nor will it be safe and secured but that’s the thing about taking that leap of faith, it demands taking risks and sacrifice. Risking everything for a dream that no one else can see but you and going out of your comfort zone for something bigger and worthwhile. All I know deep in my heart – it’s going to be life-changing.
For 2015 (and for any circumstance), here’s a food for thought to constantly remind myself (and everyone else):
- Dare to DREAM big. We only get to live in this lifetime. Make it count.
- Know what you want and act on it. Knowing and doing something about it are two different things.
- Listen to your heart and follow through with your mind. Not too careless but not too careful either.
- Spend more time with human interaction and a little less time with social media interaction.
- There is no perfect timing but NOW. Stop waiting for the right moment and JUST GO FOR IT.
- There is really no way you could prepare for life. You just have to make it work, work around with what you have and trust that the universe is conspiring with you in making your dreams come true.
- “Not all who wander are lost.” Experience everything good and beautiful that this world has to offer and let the beauty of life consume you. Do not settle down until your heart is at peace with everything you have accomplished.
- All experiences you will gain, whether it be good or bad, will definitely contribute to a wiser, stronger and much better YOU.
- Talk less. DO MORE.
- Taking the first step is always the hardest part. Make it through and you’ll be unstoppable.
- Don’t lose focus on your dreams. Your short-term goals should contribute to your long-term goals.
- Believe in your self and never lose hope. Nothing is impossible as long as you have faith.
- Whatever life throws at you, you can handle it. Problems present opportunities but only if you allow yourself to see the good in every situation.
- Cherish lifelong relationships you’ll make in this lifetime and don’t be afraid to let go of relationships that hinder you from growing.
- It is perfectly OK to say NO. You can never please everyone, so just stop trying.
- Look forward to the journey and all its detours, and not the destination. Let your life experiences tell a story.
- There is no point in overanalyzing every situation you’re in. Simply trust that somewhere down the road, you’d be able to connect the dots and finally understand that there is a bigger picture involved.
- Pay it forward and develop an attitude of gratitude.
- Never let your past dictate the events in your present and future. Keep moving forward.
- “Live the life you love and love the life you live.” – Bob Marley
Are you ready for LIFE? Because I sure am.
“Close all your escape routes, burn all your plan Bs and get busy doing that dream that only you were built to do.” – Robin Sharma
P.S. 2015 was the year when I quit my job, sold everything I own and started traveling long-term to South America.